Sunday, February 14, 2010

bloody valentine

"Love is one of the most amazing feelings in this world. It is an emotion that keeps the world alive and gives us hope." What the fuck!! This might come as a shock to you, but I hate Valentine’s Day.

Of course, I made the mistake of thinking it was finally I met someone who seemed to be the perfect girl for me. Educated, funny, intelligent, shared the same religious beliefs I did, and most importantly, beautiful.

But the perfect girl ended up stringing me on my birthday. I get texted a terse “happy birthday” and never hear from her again.

Ever since my ex kicked me in the shinny after giving her a Valentine card and flowers back in the college, I knew this day was going to bring me nothing but grief.

I guess I love you was one of her April Fool Trick which I, stupidly fell for.

Year after year it was like this, even as I continued to hope in vain that maybe next time things would be different. Nope. Unfulfilled love, loneliness, pain and anguish continued to rule my Valentine’s Day.

But you know, whether it’s because I’m a glutton for punishment or because I’m just a dumb schmuck, there’s a part of me that’s still holding out hope that this Valentine’s curse will someday be lifted. That maybe there’s a special girl out there who can finally break the hex and make this day a day I no longer have to fear or despise again.

Until then, I will continue to hide under the bed and rage against the pink machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment